We are committed to ensuring our tours operate safely and successfully. In addition to our Health & Safety Management System, we have developed a specific COVID-19 Safety Plan, in line with the World Travel & Tourism Council Protocols. This plan outlines the measures we have taken to identify and mitigate risks and to make sure you feel confident in running a tour.
COVID19: As well as keeping your physical workplace safe, as an inbound tourism operator we a special role in monitoring the well-being of our customers. One of the most important tools in this role is to be assured that all of our contractors and suppliers have a COVID safe plan that complies with NZ Government protocols and tourism association guidelines that are approved by the Ministry of Health.
Covid19. All require service providers to create a plan. Regardless of the jurisdiction, the intent of the plan is always to:
1. Keep staff, contractors, and customers safe by minimizing the likelihood of virus transmission,
2. Meet government regulations and guidelines, and
3. Maintain confidence in the product, experience, or service offering WorkSafe for guidance to ensure that our/other workplaces are healthy and safe.
4. Restrictions and conditions change and we revisit our COVID Safe Plan frequently
Complying with NZ Health & Safety legislation standards and relevant codes of practice.
- Engaging staff in developing your COVID-19 Safe Plan and procedures
- Providing staff with information and training on your COVID-19 policy, plan, and
- Supporting the safe and early return to work of injured workers
- Accurately reporting and recording all workplace accidents, incidents, and injuries
- Providing adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Consulting with unions, our workers, and their representatives on matters affecting their health and safety and encouraging their participation
- Providing and maintaining safe equipment and safe systems of work
- Supplying information, instruction, and supervision to workers and for clients as required
- Ensuring safe handling, safe use, safe storage, and safe transportation of hazardous substances
- Making sure all workers and our representatives are competent to perform their tasks and providing adequate training in this regard
- Developing and using methods to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- Maintaining safe and healthy working conditions
- Providing a safe means of access and egress to and from places of work
- Reviewing, revising, and evaluating our Health and Safety Management Systems and processes at regular intervals to ensure continuous improvement
- Management acknowledges and accepts its responsibilities for health and safety standards in the workplace. However, we seek cooperation from all workers and representatives in achieving our health and safety objectives and expect that they will:
- Accept responsibility for health and safety to the extent of their control
- Take all practicable steps to ensure their own and others’ safety
- Identify, assess, and control hazards under their control
- Use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- Report all hazards, accidents and incidents to Head Office in a timely manner