We are committed to ensuring our tours operate safely and successfully.
Health and Safety Policy
This Health and Safety Policy aims to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all employees, customers, contractors, and visitors associated with Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours. This policy outlines our commitment to complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA) requirements and promoting a culture of safety within our organisation.
This policy applies to all Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours employees, contractors, and visitors, regardless of their role or location. It encompasses all activities and operations carried out by the company.
The management team at Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours is responsible for the following:
- Providing leadership and demonstrating a commitment to health and safety. Developing and implementing effective health and safety management systems.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and regulations. Identifying and assessing hazards and risks associated with activities. A majourity of activities are outsourced; thus, they also comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA). Providing adequate resources to maintain a safe working environment.
- Consulting and involving employees in health and safety matters. Monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of health and safety initiatives.
All employees of Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours are responsible for the following:
- Complying with all health and safety policies, procedures, and instructions. Reporting hazards, incidents, or near misses promptly to their supervisor via our pre-prepared forms.
- Participating in health and safety training and awareness programs.
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Taking reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others.
- Contributing to the identification and mitigation of workplace hazards.
(c) Contractors and Visitors
Contractors and visitors to Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours are responsible for the following:
- Complying with health and safety policies and procedures while on our premises.
- Reporting hazards, incidents, or near misses to their designated contact person.
- Following instructions provided by Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours regarding health and safety.
4. Risk Management
Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours is committed to identifying and managing workplace hazards and risks. To achieve this, we ensure the following:
- Conduct regular risk assessments to identify hazards and evaluate risks.
- Implement appropriate control measures to eliminate or minimize risks.
- Provide necessary training and information to employees and contractors on identified risks.
- Monitor and review control measures to ensure their effectiveness.
- Encourage and support employee involvement in hazard identification and risk assessment processes.
5. Health and Safety communication:
Effective communication is vital for promoting a safe working environment. Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours:
- Provides employees with information, training, and supervision necessary for our guides, employees, and guests' health and safety.
- Communicates health and safety policies, procedures, and updates to all relevant stakeholders.
- Encourages open and transparent communication regarding health and safety concerns.
- Regularly consults with employees, contractors, and visitors on health and safety matters.
6. Investigating and reporting
Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours is committed to promptly investigating and addressing all incidents, accidents, and near misses. We ensure the following:
- Encourage employees to report all incidents, accidents, and near misses.
- Conduct thorough investigations to determine the root causes of incidents.
- Implement corrective actions to prevent the recurrence of incidents.
- Maintain accurate records of all Incidents, accidents, and near misses.
7. Continuous Improvement of health and safety standards.
Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours is dedicated to improving health and safety performance continuously. We ensure the following:
- Review and update our health and safety policies, procedures, and systems regularly.
- Monitor and measure key health and safety performance indicators.
- Set targets and objectives to drive continuous improvement.
- Seek feedback from employees, contractors, and visitors to identify areas for improvement.
8. Compliance with Legislation
Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours will comply with all applicable health and safety legislation and regulations. We ensure the following:
- Stay updated on changes in health and safety laws and regulations.
- Monitor compliance with legal requirements and take necessary actions to address any non-compliance.
9. COVID-19 Safety: We have developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan that meets the World Travel & Tourism Council Protocols. This plan outlines the measures we have in place to identify and mitigate risks associated with COVID-19, including ensuring that all contractors and suppliers we work with have a COVID Safe Plan that complies with NZ Government protocols and tourism association guidelines. We review and update our COVID-19 Safety Plan regularly to reflect changes in regulations and guidelines.
10. A summary
We comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation standards and codes of practice. Our Health and Safety Management System outlines our commitment to providing a safe workplace for our staff, contractors, and customers. We achieve this by:
- Engaging staff in developing our COVID-19 Safe Plan and procedures
- Providing staff with information and training on our COVID-19 policy, plan, and procedures
- Supporting the safe and early return to work of injured workers
- Accurately reporting and recording all workplace accidents, incidents, and injuries
- Providing adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Consulting with unions, our workers, and their representatives on matters affecting their health and safety and encouraging their participation
- Providing and maintaining safe equipment and safe systems of work
- Supplying information, instruction, and supervision to workers and clients as required
- Ensuring secure handling, safe use, safe storage, and safe transportation of hazardous substances
- Making sure all workers and our representatives are competent to perform their tasks and providing adequate training in this regard
- Developing and using methods to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- Maintaining safe and healthy working conditions
- Providing a safe means of access and egress to and from places of work
- Reviewing, revising, and evaluating our Health and Safety Management Systems and processes at regular intervals to ensure continuous improvement
We acknowledge and accept our responsibilities for health and safety standards in the workplace, and we expect all workers and representatives to accept responsibility for their own safety and the safety of others. We encourage everyone to take all practicable steps to ensure their safety and the safety of others, including identifying, assessing, and controlling hazards under their control, using personal protective equipment provided, and promptly reporting all hazards, accidents, and incidents to the head office.